Saturday 15 April 2017

Over 149 Students Benefited from Onofiok Luke Free JAMB Form

Over 149 JAMB candidates have benefited from Akwa Ibom House of Assembly Speaker "Hon. Barr. Onofiok Luke".


Over 149 Students Benefited from Onofiok Luke Free JAMB Form
It was indeed Good Friday for prospective UTME candidates in Nsit Ubium local government area today when their representative in the State House of Assembly and Speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Barr. Onofiok Luke, formally announced his decision to purchase JAMB form for 150 of his constituents who could not afford to register for the forthcoming Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.


CBT: Download JAMB CBT App for Any Android Phone
Call 09034039101 for the activation key.

Addressing the beneficiaries at his constituency office at Ikot Inyang eti, Ikot-Edibon, Barr. Luke said the gesture was inline with the free and compulsory education policy of the state government.

The Nsit Ubium representative in the House said: “This has nothing to do with politics. By the grace of God, you have given me the opportunity to serve you twice; I would have gone to rest after my last constituency briefing. But I have not had rest because each time I lay back, I remember there is still more to do for our people. And for me, education is still the best and lasting form of empowerment that one can give to anybody. So I am not doing this for politics but for the sheer reason that I love my people and my people love me.

“I heard that they are soon going to close their registration. The best and lasting form of empowerment is educational empowerment. We are doing this inline with the free and compulsory education of Akwa Ibom State Governor Udom Emmanuel”.

“I have given you my commitment since you gave me your mandate in 2011 to represent you. And my commitment is to make sure i better the lot of the people whom i represent, and in this case the people of Nsit Ubium State constituency.


My commitment is to make your lives better based on the available resources, based on the strength, based on the power, based on the mandate that God through you has give to me ,and i will not shirk from that responsibility. 
I do this and i give this commitment because I love my people and because they love me. I don’t find rest in my soul, in my spirit when i discover that there are some segment of the people we must touch”.

He also announced the sponsorship of preparatory class in two designated centres in the local government area for both the beneficiaries and other children of the area who had already registered for the examination.

Akwa Ibom Speaker charged them to take their studies serious and prepare well for the exam, and prayed God to grant them success.

Recall that Speaker Luke runs one of the most robust and effective education programmes in the state.

Last year, he gave various forms of educational grants to well over 200 Nsit Ubium indigenes. Select secondary schools were furnished with standard libraries and computers while law school student from the state constituency benefited from 100,000 Naira grants.

He hinted that he was in talks with the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to see to the digitalization of the constituency office in order to make is a full resource centre. This is more so because the constituency office is always open and assessable for studies and connected purposes.

The Speaker used the opportunity to receive a few youths of the constituency who came around the constituency office to receive him. He said that today being Good Friday, he had to breach the rules on his spiritual exercise to be at the constituency office because the deadline for the UTME registration was near.

Speaking on behalf of the beneficiaries, Victor Uduak Idem thanked the Speaker for purchasing the form and also for footing the bill for the registration. The beneficiaries promised justify the huge investment and love showered on them.

“I promise that we will not fail you. I pray God almighty to reward you for what you have done to us”.


Also reacting, the Chairman, Nsit Ubium Local government Transition Committee, Hon. Ekpedeme Amos, and a former Council Chairman, Hon. Otobong Edem who is currently the Commissioner 1, Akwa Ibom State Civil Service Commission, hailed the Speaker for his magnanimity to his people, and urged the beneficiaries to study hard and prepare well for the JAMB examination.


This post was published first on KillerPunch.




WAEC Past Questions: Download WAEC CBT App for Android
 Text 09034039101 for App activation key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you need us to help you with more updated information, kindly provide us with your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this post.